Friday, April 10, 2015

Crock Pot Chicken Stock, with recipe


I found this blog while searching the internet to determine if I could make Chicken Broth in the crock pot vs on the stove...and you can! SO EASY and I didn't have to worry about a burner being on for hours. I also learned you can freeze chicken bones until you have enough in your "collection" to make this!!! Way cool. We had rotisserie chicken a few weeks ago, so I froze what was left. Then I bought another just so I could make this!


Click the link above for step by step instruction.

First prep your veggies (wash and cut). The Blog said to leave the skin on the onion and garlic- so I did. 



Throw everyone into the soon to be hot tub, Veggies, Chicken Bones, Water and spices. (I did not add salt)

Before:

After:


I put it in on a Friday after work (about 1) and started straining it around 10 am Saturday morning. 
I fished all of the large pieces out- strained it through a mesh strainer lined with cheese cloth and 
Ta-Dah! Homemade Broth! I had lunch for a week! Plus enough to share a few bowls. I used some in a dinner recipe (Chicken Piccata- see a few posts back) and froze about 1.5 cups. It really was super easy. It tastes great too! 






No comments:

Post a Comment