Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Chicken and dumplings, McCormick recipe card

I had this recipe card hanging around for a bit so I decided to get to using it =)


They give you all of the spices you will need and a recipe:
Garlic, Black Pepper, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, And Parsley.
It is very simple to follow.

I used a minced onion that I have from Penzy's that I re-hydrated.
I don't always keep onions on hand. I also used canned veg instead of frozen.

  1. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle with flour. Stir with whisk until mixture is well blended. Add broth, 1 cup of the milk and all of the Spices except Parsley; whisk until mixture is smooth.


  1. Stir in chicken and vegetables. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium. 
  2. Mix baking mix and Parsley in medium bowl. Add remaining 1/3 cup of milk; mix well. Drop by spoonfuls onto chicken mixture. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cover. Cook 10 minutes longer.

I think since I am not a fan of some of the spices it wasn't my favorite, but my guys enjoyed it =) 
 If you don't have bunch of spices laying around, or don't want to have a bunch laying around, 
 this card is perfect! 




No comments:

Post a Comment