Monday, March 3, 2014

Beef and Dumpling Soup, with recipe

"It smelled more flavorful than it was"
I liked it....but I was the only one =( 




Beef Dumpling Soup

1 lb. beef stewing meat, cubed
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
6 C hot water *see note below
2 carrots, peeled and shredded
1 bib of celery, finely chopped
1 tomato, peeled and chopped
1 cup of buttermilk biscuit mix
1 Tbsp, finely chopped parsley
6 Tbsp milk

1. place meat in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with onion soup mix. Pour water over meat
2. Add Carrots, Celery and Tomato. 
3. Cover. Cook on Low 4-6 hours, or until meat is tender. 
4. Combine biscuit mix and parsley in a bowl. Stir in milk until moistened. Drop by teaspoonfuls into cooker
5. Cover. Cook on High for 30 minutes.

**I added garlic and a bay leaf. I also used Onion and Garlic Powder. 
Instead of water I used beef stock.
Maybe I just over cooked this and that's why it lost it's flavor. I would like to give it another try someday....


No comments:

Post a Comment