Friday, April 19, 2013

Foodie Friday: Cheerio Treats



I had some stale Cheerio's that were just begging to be eaten...but there was no way I was going to eat them for breakfast that's for sure! I found a recipe for these, an alternative to Rice Crispy Treats.



1/4 Cup Butter
8 Cups Cheerios   **I don't believe I had this much
10 oz bag of marshmallows  ** I used marshmallow fluff
**I also added chocolate chips to the butter when melting so it was chocolaty
**Then when I scooped the mix in the Pyrex I added more chocolate chips to the top.

In large saucepan, melt butter. Add marshmallows and stir until melted and blended with the butter.
Remove from heat and add Cheerios. Mix until evenly coated.
Scoop into 13x9x2 greased pan. Cool for an hour or two, cut into small squares and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment