Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cookies and Doughnuts with recipe

Haha I made these in July...

Jamal and I found this awesome place down by where she lives-It carries tons of baking stuff.

Now you know if it says Fun on it- and you bake it- I am going to buy it...






I also made these doughnuts, a recipe Dina found for me to try.
I don't have a doughnut pan-so I used a mini bundt pan instead.

Cinnamon Streusel Baked Donuts

tastykitchen.com





Sweet donuts topped with a sweet-and-salty brown sugar streusel!



  • FOR THE DONUTS:
  • ⅓ cups Sugar
  • 2 whole Eggs
  • ¼ cups Vegetable Oil
  • 2 Tablespoons Plain Yogurt
  • ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  • 1 cup Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • ¼ teaspoons Salt
  • FOR THE STREUSEL:
  • ¼ cups Brown Sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons Oats
  • 1 Tablespoon Butter
  • ½ teaspoons Cinnamon
  • ⅛ teaspoons Salt


For the donuts:
Preheat your oven to 375 F.
In a bowl whisk together the sugar, eggs, oil, yogurt and vanilla until smooth. Gently fold in the flour, baking powder and salt.
Spray a 6-donut mold with nonstick spray and evenly distribute the batter into the donut molds.
For the streusel you can do one of two things:
- One is toss all of the streusel ingredients into a food processor and pulse until crumbly (this is what I did).
- Or if you don’t want to dirty the processor or don’t have one, mash everything together in a bowl using a fork until crumbly.
Evenly sprinkle the streusel topping onto the batter and gently press it into the batter.
Bake at 375 F for 9-10 minutes—no longer or else they’ll be dry! You MAY have to gently push the streusel back onto the donuts while still warm (which I did), but I promise you’re going to want every bit of that glory on your donut. Let them cool for 5 minutes before eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment