I hope any cookie bakers out there were able to grab this mag.
I get it every year and it is always enjoyable!
•1/4 cup butter, softened
•1/2 cup sugar
•4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
•3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
•3/4 cup all-purpose flour
•1/4 cup baking cocoa
•1/2 teaspoon baking powder
•1/8 teaspoon baking soda
•1/8 teaspoon salt
•2 teaspoons ground almonds
•In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
• Roll dough into 12 balls. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 13-18 minutes or until set and tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts 1 cookie equals 103 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
•1 cup butter, softened
•2 cups sugar
•2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
•1/3 cup ground cinnamon
•In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
• On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
• Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until edges are firm and bottom of cookies are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1 each) equals 78 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
•1 cup shortening
•1-1/2 cups sugar
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract
•2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
•1 teaspoon cream of tartar
•1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, melted
•14 peppermint candies, crushed
•In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
• Shape dough into 3/4-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
• Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate; sprinkle with crushed peppermint. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts 1 cookie equals 128 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.