Tuesday, April 9, 2019

#10 Beef, Tomato and Acini di Pepe soup 2/2/19- Pressure cooker

I borrowed a bunch of Pressure cooker books (and air fryer ones) from the library. I didn't find the need to get the entire book but I did copy this recipe from a Skinny Taste cookbook.

I used 80/20 meat but should have probably used the 90/10 because it was kind of greasy, but had a nice flavor. 







Let's see what I really did...

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 lb 80% lean ground beef
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup diced onion- I just grated it
  • Lots of diced carrots
  • 28 oz can diced tomatoes
  • 32 oz beef stock- I might have even used more than one box
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 4 oz small pasta such as Acini di pepe- I cooked separate from soup
  • grated Parmesan cheese optional
Instant Pot:
  1. Press the saute button, when it’s very hot add the ground beef and salt and cook until browned breaking the meat up into small pieces as it cooks. When browned, add the onion, and carrots and saute 3 to 4 minutes.
  2. Add the tomatoes, beef stock and bay leaves, close and using pressure cooker press soup (35 minutes). **
  3. Since I made the pasta separate, I let it naturally release. Remove the Bay Leaves and serve. 

  4. **At this point you can add the pasta to the pressure cooker but I did not so alas, you would have to go to the web site for those instructions. 



No comments:

Post a Comment