Tuesday, September 11, 2018

#24-Pressure cooker/IP Cheesy Goulash 8/13/18, #4 PC recipe

Cheesy Goulash



We ate off this for DAYZZZZ, it was awesome lol.   I wish Q would have been here to eat this! But then it might have only lasted one dinner....

Oh let me start out with- I have 2 pressure cookers now haha. Both 6 qt. I bought the IP on Prime day and got it even cheaper than what they were selling it for. Mine is still great, but I will say the Instant Pot browns better. I think that is because it has an actual setting for Saute where the Pressure Cooker XL does not. You just set it like you are going to cook and it will heat up and brown. But the problem is- since it isn't coming to pressure it will shut off. 

The great thing was, Monday I had 2 meals going at once! I had dinner cooked for the entire week in 30 minutes. We had this and the pork chops from the last post. Then I made some Cheddar Herb biscuits from Save a lot to go with (since I already had the cheese).  This is another recipe I would think you can leave the cheese out of. Also it called for only 2 cups of liquid....uh...no.  I used 4. 




Ingredients
  • 1 - lb(s) ground beef
  • 1 - Tbsp minced onion
  • 1 - tsp garlic powder
  • 1 - 15 oz. can(s) crushed tomatoes
  • 1 - cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 - tsp Italian seasoning
  • 16 - oz. small shell pasta
  • 2 - cup(s) beef stock**
  • - Salt and pepper
  • Garnish: - shredded sharp cheddar cheese**
Again, I would say leave the cheese out if you don't like it- but I didn't think it was really all that cheesy. BUT we didn't add the cheddar after it was cooked. I used 4 cups of broth (a 32 oz box of beef stock) and I also added some beef au jus soup base. I didn't measure the seasonings, or the Parm for that matter. Who DOES that??  hahaha  Also I would think you can add other vegetables if you like that kind of thing. Like Carrots  ;)  


Directions
  1. Open and drain the can of crushed tomatoes.
  2. In the base of the Instant Pot insert, brown the ground beef with the minced onion and garlic powder. Turn off the Instant Pot. Drain, if needed, and return the browned ground beef to the pressure cooker insert.
  3. Mix in the crushed tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and then add the small shell pasta and then the beef stock. Gently stir to get the pasta to be “underwater.” If it’s not all underwater, add some warm water 1/4 cup at a time until it’s all underwater.  ** I used 4 cups
  4. Steam valve: Sealing.
  5. Cook on: Manual/High for 7 minutes. ** I did 5 minutes and might have even been able to do less than that.
  6. Release: Natural or Quick.
  7. Once cooked, there might be some liquid floating on top. Just give it a stir and let it cool down and it will thicken up. Top each serving with shredded sharp cheddar cheese.


https://myfreezeasy.com/instant-pot-cheesy-goulash/

No comments:

Post a Comment