Sunday, July 12, 2020

Sourdough Baby, The Beginning of the Saga, 5/26/20 & 5/27/20


YAAAAS - we have joined the Sourdough Club #Quarantine2020 lol
So I was reading something about Quarantine trends and said that sourdough was one of them. (this was the end of May) He says- "Oh that would have been good"  SO here we are. The proud parents of TWO (We will get to how I made a 2nd one) Sourdough Kids. 

After starting it he realized this wasn't just a one time thing. I told him, oh no - this thing needs feed twice daily at the beginning LOL. Like a pet. I created the starter on Memorial Day- the day before my latest Colonoscopy. 


At the beginning there is a lot of waste-Discard is what it is called, because you have to take out some of the mix and add fresh Flour and Water to the jar to keep it fed with new yeast product. It almost reminds me of Amish Friendship Bread- YUM. 
Here is some info on Amish Friendship Bread in case you aren't familiar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment